GOOD JOBS: Every resident deserves a good job.
• Jobs that pay a living wage and allow families to build wealth.
• Jobs that offer benefits like health insurance, dental and vision care, paid vacation, paid sick leave, and paid family leave.
• Jobs that offer fair scheduling which end unpredictable hours, reduced hours, or unhealthy hours at work.
Residents also deserve universally designed workplaces that meet the needs of all people who wish to use them, mobility management to ensure everyone can reliably travel to and from and contribute at work, and inclusive growth that promotes development that delivers an economic benefit to all.
GOOD SCHOOLS: Every resident deserves good schools, skills training and educational opportunities.
• We need more funding for public schools.
• We need more funding for school infrastructure.
• We need more funding per pupil.
Students also deserve safe environments to study. They deserve an education preparing them to excel in science, technology, engineering, and math. They deserve access to the arts and athletics, and the best books, tablets, computers, and counselors around. Moreover, students deserve dedicated teachers, who are paid the highest salaries. Every resident should be set up for success, with the skills they need, regardless of their identity or any difference that makes a difference.
QUALITY TRANSPORTATION: Every resident deserves the opportunity to move more freely and easily throughout the region.
• We need to fill our potholes, design our streets and greenways to increase mobility and decrease flooding, and use rational funding formulas to support our infrastructure making it safe for all users.
• We need to ensure that our drivers have access to fair and affordable auto insurance so everyone can get where they want or need to go.
• We need to create robust regional transportation so our residents can enjoy their commute and better access opportunity throughout Southeast Michigan.
GUN VIOLENCE PREVENTION: Every resident deserves safe environments to thrive and today there are too many guns in too many hands causing violence.
• We need to pass Extreme Risk Protection Order legislation.
• We need to implement universal background checks.
• We need to ensure all gun owners have a license and proper training.
• We need to lift the federal ban on gun violence research.
• We need to crack down on illegal online sales.
• We need to ban assault weapons and bump stocks.